Multilingual Teaching Career Academy (MTCA)
• The career path of MTCA students is to become secondary and elementary school teachers.
• The elective courses offered are Advanced Speech, Latin and Minority Literature, and Drama.
• The vision of MTCA is to create a community of learners, who strive for academic excellence, have a passion for learning, and become contributing members of the community.
• Parents and community members’ roles are to be our support group in our extracurricular activities such as chaperones on field trips and partners through elementary schools.
• MTCA strives to expose higher education to our students. We provide various opportunities within the 3 year program to visit diverse schools within California. Motivating and awakening students interest in post-secondary education is our main objective. In hopes of doing so, we have a tentative schedule for the 3 year committed students, who invest into the program,to tour 2 different institutions per grade level and ultimately, 6 by graduation. Each visit/tour reveals different aspects of education. Currently, the Juniors have visited UCLA and have been introduced to the wonders of college life. The Sophomores in December have toured CSULA and has had an insightful and inspiring presentation from the Science Department. While the Seniors have had an unprecedented trip to UCSD, where they experienced Old Town San Diego and had a Senior Dinner.
• In the future, we intend to visit CSULB,Cerritos College, and USC or University of Redlands to continue to strive for higher education.